Meeting investment returns on infrastructure developments relies significantly on ensuring the capital and operating costs assumed before the start of construction are correct. It also matters that those costs do not escalate during construction and operation.
Construction and operation costs include material and equipment, fuel, transport, labour, repairs, maintenance costs, etc. Cost estimation gives an idea of the approximate cost of a project before beginning construction. This helps the owner to decide on the affordability of the project with respect to the capital in hand without compromising on the objective of the project.
Eka Infra focuses on delivering accurate cost estimates. We maintain a substantial database of costs and how they change over time. This is supported by knowing how these costs vary because of location, ground conditions, quality of construction and a wide range of other factors for example the type of contract used for procurement.
Beyond historic precedents and trends, Eka Infra also understands the construction process. We understand how the works will be built. With that knowledge we can develop estimates based on construction method (the way contractors price jobs). This allows Eka Infra to cross check their cost estimates and identify how design changes can permit power construction costs to be achieved by using equipment and materials that are more easily available in a specific location. We don’t use sand when rock is available on site!
• JSW Infrastructure Limited – Updating of detailed project report for captive facility at Salav, Maharashtra.
• Integrated Chennai Business Park (Dubai Ports World) – Project cost estimation and initial planning for Integrated Business Park at Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
• Continental Warehousing Corporation (Nhava Seva) Limited – Project cost estimation and facility compliance report for KRIL facilities at five locations for DPW.
• Confidential – Project cost estimation, vessel identification and SWOT analysis for proposed IWAI facility at Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
• Confidential – Project cost estimation, specifications for terminals and SWOT analysis for proposed IWAI passenger terminals at Patna, Bihar.
• Hindustan Infralog Private Limited – Prefeasibility study for a PFT at Dankuni, West Bengal.
• Confidential – Project cost estimation, specifications for terminals and swot analysis for proposed IWAI passenger terminals at Kolkata, West Bengal.
• Hindustan Infralog Private Limited – Feasibility study for the development of a multi-modal logistics park at Pathankot, Punjab.
• Integrated Mumbai Business Park Private Limited – PBusiness plan and a broad level land use plan for the proposed facilities at Pisarve, Maharashtra.
• Hindustan Infralog Private Limited – Review of rail components of the proposed MMLP at Sankrail, West Bengal.
• Gayatri Projects Limited – Pre bid engineering services for Reconstruction of Jetty for IN at Kochi, Kerala.
• NSBP – Consultancy services for preparation of a technical report for FTWZ at JNPT, Maharashtra.
• ICBP – Consultancy services for preparation of a technical report for FTWZ at Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
• Paaras Marine Solutions Pvt Ltd – Pre-bid engineering services for berth at Jurong Port, Singapore.
• Tata Projects Limited – Pre bid engineering services for Berth 4 at Dhamra Port, Odisha.
Achieving accurate cost estimates has been a key competitive advantage of those in the Eka Infra team. Identify how to reduce costs by value engineering and selecting the right materials and methods enables us to save substantial amount of investment for our cleints whilst achieving the same or better quality.